Everything, bowling, laughter and fun!

Last year’s Central Highschool bowling team had seven athletes and are looking to grow this year. From left to right Coach Charlie Earnst, Ally Sipe, Daegan Gotwalt, Matthew Guadagnino, Max Minnich, Spencer Brodbeck, David Trimbur, and Madison Brenneman. Submitted Photo

Madison Brenneman, Staff Writer

The crashing sounds of pins colliding and laughter fill many lanes everydays at many bowling alleys all around the world including here in York, PA. Central York High School will yet again be having their second year of bowling club located at a bowling alley in York, Colony Park Lanes North. Everyone is welcome to join even with little to no experience. This sport may not be the most popular one out there, but it definitely fun when getting to work with a team and socialize with others. 

Junior student Max Minnich bowled on the Varsity team last year and said, “I had a lot of fun. I liked hanging out with my friends, winning matches and  I am really excited to bowl in the club again this year.” 

As a high school student, getting involved in this sport allows students to get an easy scholarship when working hard at it. It is quite hard to recall many sports that hand out easy scholarships but bowling is one that may not come to mind so often. Women’s bowling is also something that is not popular but if involved with it, most women’s bowling in college is NCAA which gives women bowlers a great opportunity at getting into a great college and getting involved in a sport many would not get into. Central’s club team offers a great program to get students in the Highschool to see what the sport is like and help get them prepared for the future in this sport if that is of interest. This club allows students a shot at bowling more competitively with no judging and all fun. This also gets the students to help one another out. Students on the Varsity team last year really enjoyed helping the Junior Varsity with skills to help improve Centrals game as a whole team. 

Rising freshman Kamryn Brenneman says, “I am excited to get into the sport and able to bowl with a new team and to meet new people!” 

If interested in joining the club, check out the posters around the school or check in with the office for a flyer. This club would be happy to have everyone come out to the lanes and have fun. Practice takes place every Monday and some Wednesdays after school and matches are held every Wednesday and Fridays after school. Come out and bowl against many schools locally, meet new people, make new friends and help Central’s club team win once again this year.