Dicaprio seen with 19-year-old, shocks public

Photo from TheTab.com.

A chart created as of 2019 found the average age of Dicaprios’ partners was 22.9 years old.

Veronica Langrehr, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Renowned Hollywood actor Leonardo Dicaprio is under scrutiny after speculation of a relationship with 19-year-old model Eden Polani. Dicaprio is 48 and has starred in movies such as “Titanic”, “Romeo and Juliet” and “Wolf on Wall Street” and has become a well-known name in Hollywood. Polani is an Israeli model and the two were seen together at Ebony Riley’s music release party in Los Angeles. 

This alleged relationship isn’t far off from his past relationships; it has been a running joke, especially in Hollywood, about Dicaprios’ preference for younger women. TheTab.com found a chart depicting that none of his past relationships have been with women over the age of 25 during his acting career. 

And while the possible relationship between Polani and Dicaprio would be completely legal, it has brought criticism his way once again. 

“Even though it is technically legal, I do think it’s a little bit strange considering the fact he’s on a very different level in life than a 19-year-old, but I feel like society is normalizing it,” said senior Adrianna Kinard. 

Newsweek.com sparked the discussion of this idea online, commenting that since Dicaprio is much older, he has more experience in life compared to Polani who is so young and still learning to understand the world around her. 

On the other hand, it is believed that  Dicaprios’ past partners are using him for publicity, Polani too. 

“Honestly, I never heard of her [Polani] before this whole dating situation…I think it’s possible but I think it’s more because people think it’s big when a well known celebrity, like him, wants [to date] them,” said sophomore Sydney Spillman. 

On Tik Tok there have been videos saying “she is so young her high school experience was probably interrupted by COVID-19” and “she probably watched his Romeo and Juliet movie in high school”. And although nothing is confirmed this speculation has sparked a more critical discussion on Dicaprio’s preferences. 

In August 2022, Dicaprio ended his relationship of four years with Camila Morrone, a 25-year-old model. While it could possibly be a coincidence, those who believe the narrative he doesn’t date over 25 use this to further their claim. 

Dicaprio is mostly known not only for his significantly younger girlfriends, but most of them also being models.
(Photo from nypost.com.)

Dicaprio has not addressed any of these comments, but he has not been offended by jokes made during events.