FBLA members qualify for states

Jocelyn Moser, Guest Writer

Twenty-four students qualified for the state level competition of FBLA set to take place in Hershey, Pa in April.

Back in December, the FBLA club participated in the Regional Competition at Central Penn College, located in Summerdale, Pa. The students took tests in a variety of subjects such as Human Resource Management, Global Business, Entrepreneurship, and more a few weeks before attending this competition. Some students won their respective categories and took home first place while others reached scores to qualify for the finals. 

“I was surprisingly excited when I made it to States. I was not expecting to do as well as I did,” said sophomore Jordan Haupt. 

Haupt participated in the Introduction to Business Concepts category and received first place at the Regional Competition. 

Another FBLA member, Shriya Trilok, was “elated with joy” and “jumped up and down in the school cafeteria” when she found out she made it to States. Trilok competed in Business Law, an event that is known to be difficult and has “a test average of 50%.” The top four in each event qualify for States and Trilok’s third place finish qualified her for this competition.

“I am so honored to be able to experience this opportunity and I’m beyond grateful for the opportunity that this club has given me,” said Trilok.

The State competition lasts three-days and is filled with business workshops and fun. Members leave early Monday morning, and do not return until mid-Wednesday. Hosted by the Hershey Lodge, students will also be able to enjoy all the benefits this resort has to offer.

“I’m excited to see what the workshops are like and to learn about being a future business leader,” Haupt states.

Trilok added that she is “so excited to learn, grow, and develop as a business leader.”

Both Haupt and Trilok are nervous about the opportunity that lays ahead of them. Difficulty and rigor hit a new level at the state competition, but both students are excited to attend as well.

The Future Business Leaders of America are prepared for success in their next competition coming up April 17-19.