Holiday flavors back for limited time

Genesis Glover, Staff Writer

Holiday coffee flavors are everywhere during fall and winter. At Starbucks, some of the holiday flavors they have are Peppermint Mocha, Chestnut Praline latte, and Carmel Brulée latte. Dunkin’ Donuts also has holiday flavors like Eggnog latte, Frosted White chocolate  latte, and Merry Mocha Mint latte. Pumpkin spice is another holiday favorite that is usually made during thanksgiving. 

“Pumpkin spice [is my favorite holiday flavor] because when I tried it, it reminded me of the pies my mom makes” said junior Charles Melbourne. 

Central teacher, Mrs. Nicole Weisz is one of many of the coffee flavor fanatics her favorite flavor is peppermint mocha. 

“Peppermint mocha makes me think of the holidays.” she said.

There are also more options of how and where you can find your caffeine fix. Most of the students and teachers when asked liked starbucks or their regular coffee at home. In addition to flavors, coffee can be prepared different ways such as iced coffee, regular coffee or frozen coffee but many people prefer regular coffee or iced coffee during the holiday season. In the holiday season coffee companies don’t only have coffee but they also have other things like hot chocolate and non-caffeinated drinks. Hot chocolate is most popular during the holiday because it’s warm inside and out .

“I like hot chocolate, that’s about it” said Melbourne.

Holiday-themed coffee is only around for a limited time, and is only worth buying at established coffee dispensers. You should stay away from gas station knockoff. 

“Gas station coffee-it doesn’t have the best flavor,” said Mrs.Weisz.