CYHS releases new information about 2023 graduation

The+school+lays+out+that+if+there+is+inclement+weather+on+the+day+of+graduation%2C+students+will+receive+four+tickets+for+an+indoor+ceremony.+

The school lays out that if there is inclement weather on the day of graduation, students will receive four tickets for an indoor ceremony.

Veronica Langrehr, Co-Editor-in-Chief

March 30, 2023, class of 2023 students received an email with important details regarding graduation, which will take place May 26, 2023 at 6:45 in the Athletic Stadium. 

“I’m very excited to graduate and move on to new things. I feel honored to be giving the last speech during graduation. But, I will miss all the friends and memories I made throughout school,” said 2023 class president Devon Marsh. 

The email from Nicole Montgomery listed what needed to be done from May 19-26. Students are responsible for turning in their last assignment by May 22 for finals on the 22-23. Gowns are distributed, debts and devices are collected on the 24 in order for mandatory practice to take place on the 25 and the morning of the 26. 

Students are also able to pick up photo order forms in the office starting April 3, 2023. They can buy a 5 x 7 photo of them receiving their diploma for $8 and class photo for $14. Graduates will be dismissed at noon for a “Grill and Chill Tailgate” in the parking lot of the high school.