Movies streamed during the spooky season

Michael Myers, from the horror movie movie Halloween, is doing his infamous head-tilt that is featured in all of his movie appearances. Photo by Ryan Green/Universal

Jadeyn Higgins, Editor

As Halloween is right around the corner, many people are putting up their decorations, getting costumes together and carving pumpkins. Halloween is a fun time to do all of those activities, but it is also the best time to watch scary movies and any other Halloween-themed movies. 

Junior Wheylin Thomas said, “My favorite movies to watch during the Halloween season are scary movies. Scary movies are ‘like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.’” 

Freshman Carter Vaughn’s favorite movies are, “the Nun, Us and Insidious.”

Mitchel Myers, who is also a freshman, loves to watch scary movies during the Halloween season. “My favorite movie is Halloween,” said Myers. 

This movie stars the infamous fictional character, Michael Myers. 

Scary movies are very popular because of the tension and suspense felt while watching them. 

“Jump scares are my favorite part of the movies,” said Thomas. “The suspense built up to those moments makes you feel so tense, and I love that feeling.”

Although scary movies can be watched or streamed at any time of the year Halloween is the best time to watch them. 

Both scary movies and Halloween movies are loved during the spooky season, but for people who don’t like being scared Halloween-themed movies are the way to go. 

“I like binge-watching Disney Halloween movies,” sophomore Sofia Membrano said. “They are so nostalgic and fun to watch.” 

Movies like Twitches, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus and Girl V.S. Monster are some of the few Halloween movies streamed on Disney Plus. Other movies like Casper, Corpse Bride, The Addams Family and Hotel Transylvania are also fan favorites. 

“Other than Disney movies, I like to watch movies I grew up watching as a kid. One of my favorite movies is Coraline.” 

Scary movies and Halloween-themed movies are streamed a lot during the spooky season, but without these movies, Halloween would not be the same. The scares and the nostalgia that come from both types of movies make the Halloween season feel complete.

Michael Myers, from the horror movie movie Halloween, is doing his infamous head-tilt that is featured in all of his movie appearances.
Photo by Ryan Green/Universal