New information released about Prom 2023

While Prom 2020 was canceled, the tickets often follow a similar look, including the location, time and date of the event.

Veronica Langrehr, Co-Editor-in-Chief

New information about Prom was sent to class of 2023 students Tuesday April 11 including where, when and how students should approach Prom. It will be held at the Valencia Ballroom in downtown York on Saturday. May 20, 2023 from 6:30 to 10 p.m. 

“It’s not difficult coordinating it at all, I design the tickets and send that to Mr.Gibson and Mr. Walker, then the senior class officers sell them,” said Prom coordinator Jim Howard. 

Tickets cost $60 and can be purchased starting April 24-28 during lunches in the cafeteria. Students must select their seating at the time they purchase their tickets and are instructed they are not allowed to reserve seating for students who have not yet purchased their tickets. 

In addition if students want to bring a guest outside of CYHS they must obtain a Dance Guest Agreement and have it approved by an administrator. 

Students will be served a buffet dinner consisting of  consist of marinated and grilled flank steak with Peruvian chimichurri, chicken piccata, roasted vegetable lasagna roasted red skinned potatoes with rosemary and garlic, French green beans with brown butter toasted almonds, a market greens salad and a variety of desserts and drinks. 

Prom King and Queen will be selected randomly at 9:00 p.m.