Clubs are open for business

Novalea Verno, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Mini-THON

“Our club raises money for Four Diamonds which supports families with a child who has pediatric cancer. Four Diamonds helps with the medical bills not covered by their insurance. We hold events all throughout the school year that get added to our total revealed at the event. The event is held for the whole school each March. This year’s event is March 12, 2022. It is great to give back to others and be a part of something bigger.”

Mini-THON participants raised $32,520.21 during the 2020-21 school year. (Submitted Photo).

Going Vertical

Going Vertical is the residential Christian club at the high school. Our mission is to raise a generation of students that love Jesus and activate them in their Kingdom callings. Through prayer, worship and discussion, GV hopes to cultivate a community of bold believers. Students who are interested in meeting other believers and diving into the word should join!  The GV club meets every day 6 in Miss. Fisher’s room.

Optimist Club

This club is for students who are optimistic and want to make a difference in the community and school. Some of these activities include Operation Christmas Child, volunteering at elementary schools, Adopt a Highway, Optimist Olympics and more. The club meets every day 5 in room 529. 

Optimist Club members spend time making the community and beautiful and safer place. (Submitted photo).

Future Educators of America:

FEA’s purpose is to gain experience working with children and helping teachers in their classroom. We mentor students to help get them to school and make good choices. We encourage children through one on one interactions, letters and positivity.  If you love working with children and are thinking about possibly being a teacher one day, this is the club for you!

Powerlifting:

Powerlifting is an opportunity to enter and engage in the sport of powerlifting, along with the chance to receive weightlifting training. You should get involved so you can join the team atmosphere where everyone is there cheering you on. No matter your weightlifting experience, there is a spot for you in this club and at the meets.

Students involved with the club encourage each other to beat their personal powerlifting records. (Submitted photo).

Panther Anti-Racist Union (PARU):

Our club stands for diversity, inclusiveness and acceptance in our school but also in the world. Our main goals are to act and to push for diversity, educate and to learn about the issues that are present regarding racism, and to empower artists and activists to let their voices be heard. This club is for anyone that supports diversity and is willing to learn about the issues of racism and discrimination that are prevalent here in the school.

PARU members stand up for injustice in the school community through activism. (Submitted photo).

FBLA:

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is the high school level of Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda (FBLA-PBL), a national student organization focused on leadership and business. It helps students prepare for the business world through conferences, community service projects and competitive events. Members of FBLA additionally have the opportunity to network with students outside of their own school, as well as leaders across multiple real-world businesses.

Students who join FBLA have the chance to compete on a regional, state and national level. (Submitted photo).

Craft Club:

Craft club is bringing people together of all skill levels to share materials and experience. The club goes in the direction of the member’s interests. Our overall goal is to teach crafts that involve sewing, string manipulation, crouching, knitting, jewelry making, holiday crafts and more. Furthermore, it is a fun and relaxing way to end the day.

Craft club members work together to complete group and individual projects during flex. (Photo by Novalea Verno).

Earth Savers Club:

The Earth Savers Club is a day five club that meets in the lower 600 wing work area. Students work to sort through bottle caps in hopes of turning them into benches. Students also work in self-created committees focused on helping the environment as a whole. Contact Ms. Heiser at [email protected] to join.

Earth Savers members are passionate about making the community a clean place. (Submitted photo).