Students enjoy Central’s 2022 homecoming

Clayton Cox, Editor

At 6:30 p.m., students from all grade levels arrived at the high school dressed in their best attire itching for a night of fun. 

Many students dressed to impress, others remained casual but with the goal enjoying themselves and relaxing with friends.

All I did was dress for a good time and wear my chain,” senior Jaden Freeland shared.

Students had already formed a long line trying to get into the building. By the time doors finally opened, four signs were set up on top of the doors for people to split up into their ticket numbers causing a mess at the entrance of the building.

“The lines were so long that I had to cut a bit just to get in before eight,” Freeland stated.

Once past the doors, students went off to the dance floor that was playing music located in the gym while going into their respective friend groups or with their dates to enjoy the dance for the night. 

It was pretty good, had fun dancing with my friends,” senior Kahlil Kline said.

The music played at the dance was mostly hip-hop, “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” by Soulja Boy, with some classic party music like “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid and “Cha-Cha Slide” by DJ Casper. DJ Phillip Savard led the students through genres throughout the evening pumping energy into the crowd.

The music choice was pretty good. Some songs are missing, but it started getting better later on,” Kline, said.

Freeland while dancing on the floor found it easy for him to dance with his friends and people who he just met.

“I enjoyed the music that played for the time I was there. My favorite songs were by Kanye West and Jay-Z,” Freeland said.

The HOCO dance wasn’t completely perfect in the eyes of the students, however.

I would’ve had more recent music by people like Bad bunny,” Freeland stated. “I would’ve made it so the food and drinks were free.” 

Kline also believes that there were some other things that he would change about the dance.

“Add more music like drill music” Kline noted. “Also take off “Party in the USA”. Hear it way too much.”

The dance was fun for many students, but there were changes that students want for next year.

Sam Czech (left), Andrew Guiddy (middle) and Robert Brick (right) all pose on the dance floor before going back to dancing. (Photo by: Clayton Cox)
The homecoming dance lasted from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.