Philadelphia is running the sports world

MLB

Philly Sports Network

The Philadelphia Eagles are currently No.1 in the league sitting at 8-0.

Owen Hill, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The city of “Brotherly Love” has taken the sports world by storm. The three major sports: National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), and Major League Baseball (MLB) have recently been dominated by the Philadelphia teams. 

The Philadelphia Eagles have had the best start in the NFL so far, sitting on top of the NFC, and the entire league. They are currently the number one seed and have the best odds to make the Superbowl for the 2022-23 season. The birds came off a dominating win over a fellow Pennsylvania team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Eagles came out on top in dominant fashion, 35-13, thanks to wide receiver AJ Brown who had three touchdowns on Sunday, Oct. 30. 

The 76ers don’t have an as impressive record as the Eagles, but they are still sixth in the Eastern Conference. Sitting at 4-4, they face the Washington Wizards at the Wells Fargo Center on Nov.1. With a solid roster consisting of MVP runner-up, Joel Embiid, Tyrese Maxey, James Harden, PJ Tucker, and Tobias Harris, the 76ers have a promising future ahead of them. 

The “Fightin Phils” have one of the best fanbases in the entire MLB. From making the playoffs with 87 wins to being 3 games away from the World Series, the Phillies have created an insane amount of hype around the franchise this October. Facing the controversial Houston Astros, it seems as if the entire country is behind Philidelphia in claiming the World Series trophy. On Nov. 1, the franchise tied the World Series record for most home runs in a game at 5, but did it in 5 innings. Bryce Harper and Alec Bohm’s home runs literally shook the city. The sound waves were registered on Penn State Brandywine’s campus seismographic station.

The less talked about but the equally as important team is the Philadelphia Soccer Union. The Philadelphia Soccer Union is taking on Los Angeles FC in the Major League Soccer championship game Saturday, Nov. 5 at Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles. The 2022 MLS Cup will be a matchup of the top two teams of the 2022 season as both finalists were not only No. 1 seeds in their conferences but also held the best two records in the regular season, sitting No. 1 (LAFC) and No. 2 (Philadelphia Union).